CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas – Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi’s faculty, staff, and students will join with alumni and the community to celebrate a week of festivities during the 2015 Homecoming from Monday, Feb. 23, through Saturday, Feb. 28.
This year’s theme is “Now and Forever We Are Islanders.” The Homecoming hashtag is #tamuccHC15. Activities will include a variety of events for all ages including a Faculty/Staff vs. Students Basketball Game, the Lighting of the “I” Spirit Rally, and an Alumni NET(working) VIP Party.
Saturday festivities conclude with the Official Homecoming Tailgate before the Islanders men’s basketball game against Sam Houston State at 7 p.m. in the American Bank Center.
All graduates and former students from the University of Corpus Christi, Texas A&I University at Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi State University and Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi are considered members of the greater alumni family.
Homecoming events open to the public include:
Tuesday, Feb. 24
- Faculty/Staff vs. Students Basketball Game – Texas A&M-Corpus Christi will hold the Faculty/Staff vs. Students Basketball Game on Tuesday, Feb. 24, at 7:30 p.m. in the Dugan Wellness Center. Halftime activities will consist of performances by the Islander Dance and Cheer teams, and an introduction of the Homecoming Court. The event, which is sponsored by the Homecoming Committee, Recreational Sports and Islander Athletics, is free and open to the public. For more information, call 361.825.2313 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, Feb. 26
- Lighting of the “I” Spirit Rally – Texas A&M-Corpus Christi will host the Lighting of the “I” Spirit Rally on Thursday, Feb. 26, at 7 p.m. at the Curlew Plaza. The lighting of the “I” is a special Islander tradition that embraces University spirit. The event, which is sponsored by Islander Athletics and the Homecoming Committee, is free and open to the public. For more information, call 361.825.2707; or email Lily.Gonzalez@tamucc.edu.
Friday, Feb. 27
- Anchor Ceremony - Texas A&M-Corpus Christi will host the Anchor Dedication Ceremony on Friday, Feb. 27, at 4 p.m. in the plaza between the Center for the Sciences and University Center. The ceremony will honor the history of A&M-Corpus Christi by bringing back the anchor. Join us as we celebrate this symbol of our Islander pride. For more information, call the Islander Alumni Office at 361.825.5787.
- Alumni Annual Meeting – Join the Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Alumni Association at the annual meeting on Friday, Feb. 27, at 5 p.m. in the Center for Instruction, room 113, and find out how you can impact your fellow alumni. For more information, call the Islander Alumni Office at 361.825.5787.
- Homecoming Honors Banquet – The Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Alumni Association and the Islander Athletic Fund will host the Homecoming Honors Banquet on Friday, Feb. 27, at 6 p.m. in the University Center, Anchor Ballroom. The banquet will include the Islander Alumni Awards and honor our Athletic Hall of Honor recipients. Tickets prices are $50 for alumni; $35 for newly-graduated alumni (within the last five years). For more information or to purchase tickets, call the Islander Alumni Office at 361.825.5787.
Saturday, Feb. 28
- Women’s Basketball Game –Cheer on your Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders Women’s Basketball team on Saturday, Feb. 28, at noon at the American Bank Center as they take on Sam Houston State. Tickets are $5; $8 for sideline seats. For ticket information, call 361-825-BALL (2255) or go to http://goislanders.com/Tickets/TicketsHome.
- Official Homecoming Tailgate – Texas A&M -Corpus Christi will hold the Official Homecoming Tailgate on Saturday, Feb. 28, from 4-7 p.m. in the American Bank Center parking lot. Join the campus community and get pumped up with spirit before the Homecoming game! The event is free and open to the public. For more information, email Lily Gonzalez at Lily.Gonzalez@tamucc.edu.
- CANCELED DUE TO WEATHER: Homecoming Parade – Texas A&M-Corpus Christi will hold its ninth annual Homecoming Parade on Saturday, Feb. 28, beginning at 4:30 p.m. The parade will begin on N. Shoreline Boulevard at Peoples Street and end at the American Bank Center. Community, business, and University organizations will participate in the parade. Support your organization and help cheer on the Islanders before the men’s basketball game against Sam Houston State.
- Alumni NET(working) VIP Party –Show your Islander Spirit by watching the game in style at our Alumni NET(working) VIP Party on Saturday, Feb. 28, at 6 p.m. at the American Bank Center, Imperial Lounge. Food and drinks will be served and a cash bar will be available. Tickets to the Islander men's basketball game are required for each entry. Ticket prices are $20 for adults; and $5 for kids age 5 and under. If you don't have a game ticket yet, take advantage of our Homecoming Party Pack, which includes a ticket to both the men's basketball game and the Homecoming Party for $25 for adults and $10 for kids age 5 and under. For more information, call the Islander Alumni Office at 361.825.5787; or go to http://islanderalumni.com/homecoming2015/.
- Men’s Basketball Game – The Islanders will take on Sam Houston State on Saturday, Feb. 28, at 7 p.m. at the American Bank Center arena. The Homecoming Court will be announced at halftime. Tickets are $8; $14 for sideline seats. Group discounts available. Student admission is free with s SandDollar$ ID at the Shoreline Boulevard box office. For ticket information, call 361.825.BALL (2255); or go to http://goislanders.com/Tickets/TicketsHome.
For a full list of activities, go to http://homecoming.tamucc.edu. To purchase tickets, go to http://www.islanderalumni.org/homecoming2015/.