State Rep. Herrero Recognizes Subjects of House Resolutions
December 17, 2015
Texas Rep. Abel Herrero (D-Robstown) thanked and congratulated a group of Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi faculty, staff and students who were the subjects of resolutions from the State of Texas House of Representatives.
In a ceremony on campus Dec. 9, Herrero also presented the group with copies of the resolutions that were entered into the official books during the 84th legislative session.
Those receiving resolutions included eight individuals honored for their selection in Corpus Christi Under 40, which recognizes young professionals who have made significant contributions in their professional fields as well as through service in the community.
- Claudia Ayala, Assistant Director, Counseling Center
- Beth Becerra, Public Affairs Manager
- Jill Jacobs, Executive Director, Institutional Advancement
- Dr. Michelle Maresh-Fuehrer, Associate Professor, College of Liberal Arts
- Dr. Mark Olson, Former Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- Anthony Reisinger, Post Doctoral Research Associate, Harte Research Institute
- Dr. Rita Sperry, Professional Assistant Professor, Core Curriculum Program
- Shawn Flanagan, Director, Track & Field/Cross Country
Also recognized were:
- Dr. Mary Jane Hamilton, Dean of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, for her selection as the Georgia Regents University College of Nursing Phoebe Kandel Rohrer Distinguished Alumna and Presidential Alumna Awards
- Kathy Jones-Trebatoski, Adjunct Professor of Counseling Educational Psychology, for the 2015 Humanistic Clinician Award from the Association for Humanistic Counseling
- Mayra Lopez, Melinda Martinez and Maria Rodriquez, Graduate Assistants, for their selection as 2015 USDA Graduate Fellows
- Dr. Dorothy McClellan, Professor, College of Liberal Arts, for the Platinum Remi Award by the 49th Annual Worldfest-Houston International Film Festival
- Dr. Karen McCaleb, Associate Dean, College of Education, for her induction into the Texas A&M University System Chancellor's Academy of Teacher Educators in 2015
- Dr. Wes Tunnell, Associate Director, Harte Research Institute, for his selection as Professor Emeritus
To view a gallery of photos from the ceremony, click here.